Not every home made meal should be a “fancy” one. This meat lover’s pizza is perfect for those quiet nights, curled up on the couch with a good movie and an even better glass of wine.
Total Time: Prep: 20 mins Cook: 20 mins
Inactive Time: 1 hour
• ½ cup water
• ½ teaspoon active dry yeast
• ¼ teaspoon granulated sugar
• 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon olive oil, if needed
• 1/3 – ½ cup pizza sauce
• 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
• 3-4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
• ½ cup ham, roughly chopped
• ¼ cup hot or mild salami, sliced
• ½ cup spicy Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
• Freshly ground black pepper
1. Prepare dough by combining warm water, heated to 115◦F, with yeast and sugar. Stir to dissolve and allow to proof.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add flour and salt. With the mixer running on low, slowly add yeast mixture. Increase speed, adding olive oil, if needed or desired. Mix until a ball forms, pulling away from the sides of the bowl. Transfer to a greased bowl. Cover and allow to rise in a warm location until doubled, roughly 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, cook bacon and sausage. Chop bacon and ham. Crumble sausage.
4. Preheat oven to 425◦F
5. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil. Shape dough to desired size. Spoon and spread pizza sauce over dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and ½ cup shredded mozzarella. Add meat toppings. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and ground black pepper.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until desired crispness is reached. Serve warm
Recipe Courtesy of Baked by Rachel
Suggested Pairing: Vin Bon Cabernet Franc Classic