This is the best burger recipe to pair with our Signature Big Red BBQ Blend wine! It’s easy to throw together for a weeknight meal or to make ahead for a party.
BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 Spanish onion, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 cup ketchup
• 1/3 cup of water
• 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• 1 heaping teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 chipotle chili in adobo, chopped
• 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 tablespoon molasses
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1lb Ground Beef
• 1 egg yolk
• ¼ cup very finely diced red onion
• 1 tablespoon ketchup
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 2 shakes Worcestershire sauce
• ¼ cup breadcrumbs
• Salt & pepper
BBQ Sauce Directions:
1. Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
2. Add the onion; cook until soft, 3-4 minutes
3. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the ketchup and 1/3 cup of water, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes
5. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the salt and pepper; simmer for 10 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
6. Transfer the mixture to a food processor; puree until smooth.
7. Season with salt and pepper
8. Pour into a bowl; cool to room temperature
9. Mix all of the ingredients together gently; you don’t want to mush and mash it.
10. Form into patties and make an indent with your thumb so the burger won’t bulge. The indent will rise as the patty cooks.
11. Preheat your grill to high
12. Brush both sides of the patties with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper
13. Brush on the BBQ sauce as the patties start to cook
14. Grill until golden brown and slightly charred, turning once (7 minutes for medium-rare)
15. Tops burgers with your favourite toppings.
Don’t forget the napkins!
BBQ Sauce Recipe Courtesy of Bobby Flay
Suggested Pairing: Vin Bon Signature Big Red BBQ Blend