This delicious grilled veal recipe is a show-stopper. Plan ahead as the chops need to marinate for at least 2 hours. Serve this dish to your favourite dinner guests with our new Gothic Dark wine, and you may get a standing ovation.
Total Time: Prep: 20 Min. Cook: 20 Min. Servings: 4
4 veal rib chops with bones measuring approx. 1.5” thick
1 dried shallot, thinly sliced
¼ cup vegetable oil
Juice and zest of ½ lemon
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
salt & pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic flowers
3 tomatoes, seeds removed, diced into medium cubes
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon each: chopped oregano, chopped thyme, chopped parsley
2 tablespoons chopped basil
1. In a large bowl, combine garlic flowers, shallot, vegetable oil, lemon juice and zest, thyme, salt and pepper.
2. Add the veal chops to the bowl and coat well with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
4. Sweat the onion and garlic flower for 1 minute.
5. Add tomatoes, sugar and herbs and cook for 3-4 minutes. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
6. Preheat the barbecue to high.
7. Take the veal chops out of the bowl and remove excess marinade.
8. Place the veal chops on the hot grill and reduce the heat to medium.
9. Cook 4 minutes on 1 side, then turn.
10. Spread the tomato sauté on the cooked side.
11. Reduce temperature to medium-low and let cook another 8 minutes or until cooked to take.
12. Serve with seasonal vegetables.
This dish pairs very well with our Vin Bon Gothic Dark, so crack open a bottle and enjoy your meal. Your dinner guests will be asking to come back next week, too.