Do you love grilled fish? We do! This delicious swordfish recipe tastes as wonderful as it sounds. The smoky flavour added by the grilling process can’t be beat!
Total Time: Prep 10 Min. Cook: 10 Min.
Inactive Time: 1 hour Servings: 8
• 3 pounds 1-inch thick swordfish steaks, cut into 8 pieces
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin
• ¼ cup pitted oil-cured olives
• 1 small clove garlic, peeled
• 1 ½ cups loosely packed arugula leaves
• ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
• ¼ cup dried oregano
• 12 small leeks, well washed
• 1 ½ tablespoons hot water
1. Arrange swordfish steaks in a shallow baking dish, season well with salt and pepper and coat with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Let marinate for up to 1 hour, until ready to grill.
2. Heat a grill or grill pan until very hot.
3. To make the pesto, combine olives, garlic, arugula, parsley, oregano and salt to taste in the bowl of a food processor. With machine on pulse, slowly add remaining 6 tablespoons olive oil.
4. Add 1 ½ tablespoons hot water
5. Place fish and leeks on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes; remove leeks from the grill, then turn the fish.
6. Cook fish for another 5 minutes or until nearly cooked through; remove from the grill and transfer to a shallow serving dish.
7. Arrange leeks on a serving platter and place fish on top.
8. Spoon pesto over hot fish, turning the fish to coat well.
9. Pour juices over fish and serve.
Vin Bon appétit!
Recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart
Suggested Pairing: Vin Bon Signature Napa Blend