When was the last time you made a homemade barbeque sauce? The sauce on this chicken dish is so good, you may just want to make extra to save for another night!
Total Time: Prep: 5 mins Cook: 15 mins
2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
¾ cup ketchup
2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup of honey
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. In a blender or food processor, combine all of the ingredients, except for the chicken thighs and blend until smooth.
2. Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
3. Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
4. Baste the chicken generously with the sauce and place on the grill, skin side down.
5. After 2 minutes, turn the chicken over and baste again.
6. Cook the chicken until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F on a meat thermometer.
7. Baste one last time before removing from the grill.
8. Arrange the chicken on a platter and serve.
Suggested Pairing: Vin Bon Gothic Dark
Don’t forget the napkins!