This light and healthy salad offers something a bit different than the usual leafy meal or side dish. Enjoy this as for the salad course of a large meal, or as a side to your grilled steak for a twist on the traditional surf and turf meal.
Total Time: 10 Min.
• 1 medium avocado
• 4 ounces lump crab meat
• 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
• 1 lime – freshly juiced
• 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
• 2 grape tomatoes, diced
• ½ tablespoon olive oil
• ¼ teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 leaves of head lettuce, optional
1. In a medium bowl, combine onion, lime juice, cilantro, tomatoes, olive oil 1/8 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper; to taste.
2. Add crab meat and gently toss.
3. Cut the avocado open, remove pit and peel the skin or spoon the avocado out.
4. Season with remaining salt and fill the avocado halves equally with crab salad.
5. Serve on 2 plates with lettuce leaves, if you wish
Suggested Pairing: Vin Bon Signature Italian White